Tuesday, November 25, 2008

a clockwork boring



it's been really some time since my first post.

i had promised myself that i'ld be more frequent with my posts but things didn't work out,i don't know why.

but all these days what i 've been doing is just three things,sleeping,eating and watching movies(not necessarily in that order).

if you are thinking that may be, rest of the things that everyone does need not be mentioned and that's why i skipped writing them then, put an end to your imagination.

i like thinking in absolute terms and have completely avoided the boring daily chores.

Yeah, I know, I stink, but that’s my friends’ problem and they have got used to it long time ago, thanks to my contribution towards spicing up their boring moronic lives.

Since I have nothing to talk about,I ‘ld rather talk about what cinema has been treating me to these days.i got to watch some really awe- inspiring movies and may like to tell you guys something about them.let’s start with a winner,a very special piece of art called ‘Philadelphia’.

It was one of those movies that I have been dieing to watch and it was completely worth it.

It deals with the subject of AIDS and most importantly homosexuality with utmost sensitivity.

It is really something life-altering as you get to see all the pain and suffering through the eyes of a man who is dieing everyday and yet is determined to prove to you that he is as normal as you all are and deserves the same compassion and love.you also see a lawyer who is pretty traditional about his attitude towards gays but changing all the way through his journey towards winning his client a justice well deserved.tom hanks and denzel washington just blew me away.their acting was out of the world to say the least.i could not sleep right after and kept thinking as tom hanks’ eyes kept bothering me all night.i ‘ld sincerely ask each one of you to watch the movie.i later learnt that it is being used as a medium to create awareness about some really important issues.

Next on my list is ‘The motorcycle diaries’.this is a latin american movie which is an academy award winner as well.it is a cinematic adaptation of the the early life of the greatest revolutionary of all times ’ernesto che guevara’.we all must have seen numerous posters and t-shirts bearing his famous uncannily bearded face but it’s really touching when you experience what made him what he was.

This journey that he embarked upon way back in 1952 with his flamboyant friend alberto on a rickety bike La Poderosa across south america changed him forever.at that time,he was just 23 and studying medicine.

After seeing the world closely , suffering through a lot of hardship and meeting numerous people all over and observing their struggle with life,the only thing he managed to say was ‘so much injustice’ and may be that summed it all.after his journey ended,what he did is just history.so,it sort of shaped his life.

I could just go on and on but this is getting really big so I would rather stop here.

See you later!

No comments: